Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Let's Eat!

Well, I am not a writer, but I am taking a shot at this blogging thing because of a passion of mine - FOOD!!!! Hopefully this will help and inspire everyone who reads it. And I am hoping that this will be a site I can come to for recipes and inspiration from all of you!!! There are a few of us that have started a "Food Group" in which we meet and discuss healthy lifestyle changes concerning food. So far, we have comitted to use very little/no foods that come in a box or can - eliminating preservatives and just plain junk that is put in our foods. Making everything from scratch allows you to control the amt of fat, salt, sugar, etc in what you eat. This may sound impossible, but we are all doing it together and encouraging each other along the way. Plus, we understand it is a process to be fully "junk" free. Some things I have done so far....Homemade Peanut Butter (Alton Brown's Recipe) and Homemade Refried Beans (Pioneer Woman's Recipe) - Now I dont mind my 3 year old wanting a PB sandwich every day, cause I know exactly what is in it and it is a wonderful source of protein for me!!!! I have so many things on my mind right now about food and what America has done to it, but that will have to wait for another time....I must go make ranch dressing now!!! I can't wait to see where this food adventure takes us!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love hearing all about this adventure and being family of course your going to rub of on me. I like seeing the process of it all and I think your very inspiring and know you can be to others. Everyone reading this Ang's Peanut Butter is way better than the Jif. Shoot! choosey Mom's choose homemade PB. HA! I'm not there yet, but I do love it. But every little bit does count :) It's super hard when you got a man with a sweet tooth and is easily convinced. But I just stop buying I am the one to buy groceries but he has a Kroger card too. Anyways I think this is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you're doing this. I'll admit that I'm intimidated to begin a journey like this, but you've inspired me to at least begin thinking about it. :) That's a start right?

    ReplyDelete